I play a custom built Jazzmaster style guitar. I ordered most of the parts from Warmoth and Luthier’s Mercantile. They did all the hard stuff. Well I made the easy stuff hard, which is probably normal for someone’s first time putting a guitar together. Nonetheless I am very pleased with the end result.

The first step was deciding which parts I wanted and researching. This took a couple years. Once I got all the parts I took a month or so on sporadic, trial and error sanding. Ultimately, I didn’t take the grit as fine as planned but that was ok. During this time I used pore-filler on the neck and fretboard. Next was dying the body of the guitar (and more sanding)  Stay tuned for more… it’s a bit of a saga